When discussing what topic I wanted to help discuss Jason Stum’s popular Think Bigger podcast, he asked me what I consider the key to my success was. My response? Caring. Going out of your way to make others feel good cannot be overstated enough. The importance of truly caring for others, in my opinion, has had the biggest impact in both how I conduct my business and life.
Jason’s excerpt regarding this podcast:
Being able to look outward from ourselves and find ways to be genuinely helpful to others not only enriches the lives of others, but the positive effect it has on your own well being is undeniable.
During my interview with Joe, we talk about:
- Why exuding kindness is essential to personal and professional growth.
- Why Joe feels the element of care isn’t something that’s promoted strongly enough in our industry (and how to fix it).
- Judging people on metrics vs. how they make others feel.
- How Joe’s drive to do good deeds impacted his entrepreneurial spirit.
- The importance of Kindness, Generosity, Respect and Care in business and in life.
- How the way you communicate with your customers plays a role in how much you enjoy what you do.
- How the simple act of doing something nice for someone else can lift your spirits.
Please spend the time to listen to the Think Bigger podcast: Episode 8