Joe Webb prides himself on blending the line between education and entertainment
From a fun-filled role out of college as a marketing manager in the beer, wine, and spirit industry, to a meteoric rise through the ranks in automotive retail, Joe has been passionate about improving the customer experience from the inside out. Joe felt compelled to help other dealerships navigate the changing waters, and founded DealerKnows in 2008.
Joe found his calling
Even though he had an early love affair with the automotive Internet, Joe tackled multiple positions in retail with gusto. While primarily focusing on Internet sales, BDC, and marketing, he still engaged in the roles of closer, sales management, and finance management, all while gaining notoriety from the likes of Dealer Magazine, Toyota, Dealix, and Cars.com for creating one of the industry’s top Internet departments and Business Development Centers. Many of the tactics Joe Webb personally invented and developed in retail are widely considered industry-best strategies even today.
And Now, Joe Webb is a top-rated keynote speaker and process improvement expert
Creating more best practice content (and even sales-related comedic videos) than almost any other automotive retail professional over the last decade gets you noticed. From the second issue of Digital Dealer Magazine, Joe quickly became recognized as an industry frontrunner on lead management, process, dealership structure, CRM, and inventory merchandising. Since leaving retail, Joe Webb has given countless presentations across the globe on behalf of multiple organizations, such as Google, Chrysler, NADA, NCM, state dealer associations, and Jacuzzi. His consulting, training, and sales program development efforts expand across countless industries beyond automotive, such as telecommunication firms, shipping lines, the hot tub industry, real estate, motorsports, mobile applications, chemicals, and more.
Joe has been called the funniest guy in the car business
Joe is most known for his comedic videos and fervid writing, which allows him to represent the past, enlighten the present, and sculpt the future. Joe regularly mentors up-and-coming, passionate industry personnel, taking pride in introducing new experts, challenging the status quo, and helping introduce fresh points of view. Those fresh points of view are often shared with the most innovative technology vendors, who he counts as friends. Few consultants can pick up the phone and call (or text or Facetime) CEOs and industry leaders to get things done, but Joe’s respect and integrity have awarded him that ability.
He continues to be an avid writer, contributing to multiple print and online publications, with a loyal following of readers and fans.
Joe has been called a wonderful family man (by some)
When not consulting dealerships, manufacturers, and forward-thinking organizations on improving their communication with their customer base, he is found either passionately writing a rant on a best practice or creating comedic videos about sales that are almost entertaining. Mostly, though, he is doing whatever it takes to make his family laugh. Joe dedicates his life and his livelihood to his too-good-to-be-true wife, Vennessa, and his two crazy sons, Timothy and Ty.
Get To Know Us
Most Interesting Facts About Joe Webb
- As part of his comedic upbringing, he was involved in both the heralded improv center I.O. Chicago, as well as an established member of the Conservatory program at Second City Chicago.
- Joe is credited as being an Innovator in retail. Joe was using video, condition-specific automated processes, and other new technologies almost 20 years ago.
- Joe once accidentally flashed a nun while under sedation in ICU at a hospital.
- Has survived two serious car accidents that almost killed him, but instead only cost him his spleen and a kidney.
- Has the wingspan of a 747.
- Knows more about movies than anyone you’ve ever met.
- Has a fear of heights he developed after scaling an 8th story building to save someone in his misguided youth.
- Had two wedding rehearsals, two wedding ceremonies, and two wedding receptions, all to the same woman on the same weekend.
- Born: Miami, Florida
- Hometown(s): Miami, FL, Rochester, NY, Acton, MA, Farmington Hills, MI, Cincinnati, OH (true hometown, where I was mostly raised), Chicago IL (for much of his adult life), and currently resides in Lake Mary, FL.
- College: Graduated from Drake University (Des Moines, IA)
Joe’s 5 Favorite Movies
- Die Hard
- O’Brother, Where Art Thou?
- City of God
- Shawshank Redemption
- The Sandlot
My Cousin Vinny
The Before Trilogy
Favorite TV Shows
- Ted Lasso
- Joe’s Stone Crab (Miami, FL)
- Olde Pink House (Savannah, GA)
- TL’s Four Seasons (Bartlett, IL)
- Sunda (Chicago, IL)
Joe’s 5 Favorite Songs
- Crush – DMB
- Bust a Move – Young MC
- Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Brother IZ
- Forever Mine: The O’Jays
In the Summertime: Mungo Jerry
Try a Little Tenderness: Otis Redding
Some Devil: Dave Matthews
Lay it Down: Al Green
You Don’t Know Me: Ray Charles
I’m Tore Down – Eric Clapton
Places to Visit Bucket List
- Sydney, Australia
- Rome/Vatican City, Italy
Latest from the BlogPrediction Tech: A Call to Action for Every CRM and DMS in AutomotiveRead blog post
We really, really, really want to talk to you.Get In Touch with Us